This topic guides you through applying an algorithm to a survey. For this, follow these steps.
1. To get started, you need to have an already uploaded survey.
To find how to upload a survey, Click here (PrecisionMapper web-based app.) or here (PrecisionMapper Infield Tool).
Navigate to www.precisionmapper.com and In My Surveys, find the survey you want to run
the algorithm on. In this case, the name of the survey is Survey 121. (Figure 1).
Note: Orthomosaic thumbnail (preview image) indicates that your orthomosaic is ready.
Figure 1: Searching a survey (in this case, Survey 121)
3. In Applicable Algorithms section, search appropriate algorithm section
(In this case, Canopy Cover) and click Subscribe & Apply for subscribing and applying
the algorithm (Figure 3).
Note: Each algorithm possesses a different processing time. Depending upon the algorithm
you choose, Overall processing time varies.
Figure 3: Subscribing & applying an Algorithm (In this case, Canopy Cover)
4. After the algorithm processing is completed, you will receive a notification email.
Review the preview image (Figure 4) and accept the jobs (Outputs) by clicking Accept.
Figure 4: Canopy cover preview image & outputs
Special Case: Applying Automated Volume Measurement
Automated Volume Measurement algorithm is used to calculate the volume of a
To apply volumetric (Automated Volume Measurement) to your survey, follow these steps.
1. In Applicable Algorithm section, click Subscribe & Apply (Figure 5).
Figure 5: Subscribing & applying an Algorithm (In this case, Canopy Cover)
2. In Stockpile or Pit section,
Select Stockpile if your survey region is accumulated one, and click Next.
Select Pit if your survey region is excavated one, and click Next (Figure 6).
Figure 6: Selecting Survey region's type
After uploading the shapefile, click Next.
Figure 7: Drawing boundaries for survey region
Figure 8: Selecting output formats
5. Click Checkout to complete application procedure for Automated Volume Measurement