There are two methods of uploading data to the PrecisionMapper system- the online web page or the PrecisionViewer desktop application. Although uploading with the PrecisionViewer desktop application can increase the speed and connectivity of your upload some users prefer to use the standard online upload method. It will be necessary to use the PrecisionViewer application for upload if you have a survey of 100 images or more.
There is an upload limit of around 2500 source images per survey. This is a limitation of the processing engine- Most surveys of this size will fail in automated processing.
Uploading Using PrecisionMapper Online
To upload survey using PrecisionMapper web-based application follow these steps.
1. Before beginning the upload, process take the imagery that you collected with your drone and copy it over to your computer first. Uploading directly from a external memory source can slow down the upload process.
2. Navigate to www.precisionmapper.com and log into your account
3. In Surveys tab, navigate to My Surveys and click Upload Survey
4. In the online upload you will have the choice to upload Raw data from your drone OR a processed .las file for viewing in PrecisionMapper.com. In this example we are explaining the upload of raw images from your drone survey.
5. Select “Choose Images” and select all source images from the drone flight. Make sure that you are only selecting data from one mission if your data is not separated clearly.
- PrecisionViewer should be used if you plan to upload 100 images or more. This program has an easier time with large uploads.
6. As images are selected they will be added to the table. Scroll through the entire table before moving onto the next step. Check for any images with a caution symbol next to them- This could signify missing GPS data or an image that is not taken with the same camera.
7. Your camera model will be automatically detected for most sensors. You will need to choose the sensor group based on the sensor used. For more information on these options see Multispectral Filtered Imagery section of our knowledge base.
- RBG- Your Standard Visual- True Color- imagery
- RGNIR- Red Green Near Infrared Multispectral Image
- BGNIR- Blue Green Near Infrared Multispectral Image
8. In the final step you will tag a Drone Platform used for the flight, add a survey name of your choice, and established the desired outputs for the processing.
9. Once you start the upload it will take some time to transfer all the data to the cloud. Once the upload is complete the processing will begin which will also take some time.
Uploading Using PrecisionViewer Desktop Application
If you are using the PrecisionViewer application for upload the steps above are mirrored in this desktop software. The only difference will be at the very end of the process to trigger the upload. To learn more about PrecisionViewer and its other functions see PrecisionViewer section of our knowledge base.
- Instead of starting the upload at step 9 of the previous section- you will be adding the survey to your PrecisionViewer library.
- This will allow you to run multiple uploads at once which is not an available feature of the precisionmapper.com upload
- Once you have added the survey to PrecisionViewer use the upload button in the bottom left corner of the thumbnail to begin the upload.