PrecisionMapper is primarily a cloud based application. However there are several desktop programs and mobile apps that are needed to work most efficiently in this system. See instructions below on where you can find and download each of these programs.
PrecisionFlight For DJI App
This is a mobile application that is used for the collection of data with your drone. This is not a software that only runs on mobile devices like a phone or tablet. For more information on operating the PrecisionFlight app see our Capturing Data article.
- Access the "App Store" or "Google Play Store" on your tablet and search for "PrecisionFlight for DJI"
- Install latest version of the application. Be sure to check back for updates before you go out for a mission.
PrecisionViewer gives you the ability to upload your data as well as cross-checking data in the field to insure quality data. The software offers multiple uploads at once, compression of uploads, and greater efficiency in the uploading process when compared to the precisionmapper.com upload. This is also the only method of tagging Ground Control Points in the survey. To learn more about PrecisionViewer and its In field features, see In Field Data Verification section of our knowledge base.
Note: For best performance, Windows users should have Windows 8 or higher version.
1. Navigate to PrecisionMapper homepage (www.precisionmapper.com), log in to your account and find the Downloads tab at the top of the screen.
2. In PrecisionMapper section, click the installer package suitable for your operating system.
3. Download and install the package.