Members will have access to various algorithms based on the subscription tier that they are associated with. Below you will see each algorithm that is associated with each subscription Tier. For access to additional algorithms you must upgrade your subscription tier.
|PrecisionMapper Free||PrecisionMapper Professional|
|Visual Vegetation Indices- Visual NDVI, VARI, GLI||Included||Included|
|Multispectral Vegetation Indices||-||Included|
|Row Based Plant Counting||-||Included|
|Tree Crown Delineation||-||Included|
|Progress Monitoring Report||-||Included|
|Build Out Monitoring||-||Included|
|Roof Report Pro||-||Included|
|Roof Report Lite||Included||Included|
|Hail Damage Report||-||Included|
Each algorithm is associated with a particular variety of source data. Some algorithms only work with Visual imagery while others may take Multispectral BGNIR imagery. Some algorithms also have additional requirements like resolution or the particular layout of the field. Before running any algorithm be sure to check out the algorithm in the Algorithms Overview section of our knowledge base.
Here you will see some of the algorithms that have particular requirements.
|Sensor Requirement ||Minimum Resolution Requirement||Other Requirement||Processing Time|
|Visual Vegetation Indices- |
Visual NDVI, GLI, VARI,
|RGB||20 cm/pixel||na||Less than 2 hours|
|Multispectral (BGNIR) Vegetation Indices- |
ENDVI, GNDVI, GDVI, GSAVI
|BGNIR||20 cm/pixel||na||Less than 2 hours|
|Multispectra (RGNIR) Vegetation Indices- |
DVI, OSAVI, RDVI, NDVI, SAVI
|RGNIR||20 cm/pixel||na||Less than 2 hours|
|Volume Measurement||RGB, BGNIR, RGNIR||5 cm/pixel||na||Less than 2 hours|
|Row Based Plant Counting||RGB||2.5 cm/pixel||Plants must be- Evenly spaced and in straight parallel rows. Designed for V2-V4 corn crops||Less than 4 hours|
|ScoutView Report||RGB, BGNIR, RGNIR||na||na||Less than 4 hours|
|Field Uniformity||RGB, BGNIR, RGNIR||5 cm/pixel||At least one Vegetation Index should be applied to the survey at the time of requesting this algorithm||72 hours|
|Weed Pressure||BGNIR||5 cm/pixel||na||Less than 2 hours|
|Tree Crown Delineation ||RGB, BGNIR, RGNIR||5 cm/pixel||Separation between each tree crown||Less than 12 hours|
|Canopy Cover||RGB, BGNIR, RGNIR||5 cm/pixel||na||Less than 2 hours|
|Progress Monitoring Report||RGB||10 cm/pixel||Multiple surveys over same location||Less than 4 hours|
|Roof Report Pro||RGB||10 cm/pixel||Mixture of Nadir and Oblique image angles will increase the quality of this output||Less than 4 hours|
|Roof Report Lite||RGB||10 cm/pixel||Mixture of Nadir and Oblique image angles will increase the quality of this output||Less than 4 hours|
|Hail Damage Report||RGB||10 cm/pixel||Mixture of Nadir and Oblique image angles will increase the quality of this output||Less than 4 hours|
|3D Structure||RGB||na||Mixture of Nadir and Oblique image angles will increase the quality of this output||Less than 3 hours|
Applying an Algorithm
To begin applying an algorithm to your data you must have an processed survey already in the system. For more information on obtaining a processed survey in your account check out the Uploading Your Data section of our knowledge base.
Be sure to analyze the orthomosaic in detail before running your algorithm making sure to inspect for artifacts and general data quality. Any defects in the orthomosaic will filter through to the algorithm output.
1. Navigate to the "My Surveys" tab of your PrecisionMapper account and click on a survey link to get to the viewer page.
2. Make sure that the orthomosaic output is active in the PrecisionMapper viewer by clicking the orthomosaic thumbnail on the left bar.
3. Beneath the PrecisionMapper viewer you will see a menu of Applicable Algorithms. This will show you all algorithms which your current Orthomosaic is compatible with based on Sensor Type and Resolution of the output.
4. Use the "Apply" button within the applicable algorithm to begin the Algorithm process.
5. Depending on the algorithm you are working with there will be various steps to navigate before the processing begins. Once you m
6. Processing time for each algorithm will also vary based on the size of the survey and the algorithm that you run. It will remain in "Pending" status until the process is complete. At that time the Status on the right bar will read "Complete".
1. Once the algorithm is in "Complete" status you will be able to see the output in the viewer (For most algorithm jobs).
2. To download your outputs click the folder with down arrow icon next to your algorithim output from the bar on the right side of the viewer.
3. Here you will see a range of outputs to download for your algorithm. You are able to download each output format one at a time from this menu. For further explanation on each of these outputs and where to view them see our PrecisionMapper Outputs section of the knowledge base.