||10.0 cm/px or less
- Building with roof in area of interest
- Oblique photos of North, South, East, West sides
- 3D options selected in processing
Estimated Processing Time
||Less then 4 hours
From accelerating the insurance claims process to optimizing your facility management workflow, Roof Report helps you measure a roof without the time, risk, and bias of traditional inspections.
Creating your report is easy. Just crop and annotate (roof facets, eaves, rakes, ridges, and valleys) an existing PrecisionMapper 3D model, and Roof Report will produce a PDF Report to summarize information about your roof.
To read more about how PrecisionHawk is helping the Insurance industry, visit our blog.
Running the Algorithm
1. Choose a orthomosaic of visual data that has a resolution of 10 cm/pixel or less. To measure the roof the orthomosaic must have quality 3 Dimensional outputs included during processing. Apply the Roof report algorithm to this survey using the Applicable Algorithm menu below the viewer.
2. In the next step verify the orthomosaic that you will be applying the roof report algorithm.
3. In the Roof Facet Boundary stage you must outline every roof surface that you wish to measure. Most users will be using the polygon function during this stage to highlight these surfaces. To complete a polygon you must loop all the way around to your first waypoint.
4. In the final step select whether you would like a KML output included in the final results of the algorithm.
5. The process will take 4 hours or less and in the end will output a nice PDF report of your roof with measurements around the polygons highlighted.
The only output to the Roof Report is a PDF Report. This report is split into several sections to help summarize the roof flown.
• Page 1- Survey information including date, location, latitude/longitude, map projection, resolution, and weather
• Page 2- Images of the roof from North, South, East, and West compass directions
• Page 3- Measurements, by facet, including: dimensions, square feet, and pitch.